Monday, July 23, 2012

Ruby Mae's First Birthday

 July 20th 2012 was Ruby Mae's first birthday.  Her theme "Under the Sea."  I made white and chocolate cupcakes.  Some had blue cream cheese frosting, a few had pink and the rest had plain cream cheese frosting with crushed graham crackers on top for a sandy effect!
 For party favors the kids took home a coloring book reflecting the theme, crayons, a water gun and of course the fish that was on their cupcake.



 Here is the big birthday girl.  She was not going to leave that bow on her head.  I was so sad because it really added to her outfit.  I am just going to have to get her used to them again.
 Beautiful big sister.
 We had close to 50 people at our house.  Thank goodness for a summer birthday.  50 people in our house is really hard.  Everyone seemed to have a really good time.  We had hot dogs, hot links, and brats for dinner.  Family brought side dishes and drinks.
 It was so much fun to see all the kids at the party playing.  Things were really busy so I wasn't able to get pictures of all of them.


I had an "Under the Sea" vision.  I saw balloons tied to the top of our deck making it look like we were under water.  Praying the same vision I had in my head came out in real life, my cousin Lauren tired over 60 balloons to the top of the deck!  Bless her heart!  She also video taped the whole party.
 When I first gave Ruby the cake she wasn't sure what to do with it.  I thought for sure she would dive right in.  She loves cupcakes and smashes them all over her face.  However, once I gave her a taste of it she jumped to it.  There was a ton of frosting on this cake.  I finally had to cut a bit of the cake so she could eat some cake.  Her poop was literally blue for a couple days.



 Daniel and I both got tagged with the frosting...in the same spot!

 I guess this wasn't the best place for a family picture...at least we are all squinting!
 After eating her cake.  Auntie Kyla bathed her, and cleaned up the entire mess!  I gave her a big KISS!
 Present time!

 Ruby actually did pretty good with opening her presents.  The other girls wanted to help so bad, and they did once Ruby lost interest.


 Ruby received some wonderful gifts.  Here is the list (for her memories):

Grandma and Papa Lee: Rocking chair and some clothes

Grandma and Grandpa Brown: Madame Alexander doll.  It's so pretty!

Grandma and Grandpa Brown, Uncle Kyle,  Auntie Katie, Colin, Uncle Matthew and Auntie Lauren:
Princess ride toy (she loves it), Weebles play set, and an Elephant Ball Popper

Mailey and Gabby Peterson: outfit and birthday mug

Ashlynn, Auntie Kyla, and Uncle Ryan: Touch Turtle

Michael, Amy, and Rick: Elephant doodler and OSU onesie

Uncle Nick and Auntie Nana: Little People Tea Set

Brevin, Camille, and Dan:  Rhyme and Discovery Book

Riley, Tim and Becky: Baby, Book, and an outfit

Emma, Hayley and Scott Smith:  Toms

Brian, Lauren and Eloise:  Target gift card

Andrea and Joe:  Singing Scoops toy

Brooke, Lindsey and Josh Boatner:  Swim suit

Cora, Jamie and JJ:  Match and explore city


All in all, I think my little princess had a great time.  She is really enjoying and learning from all of her gifts.  I can't believe it's been a year!  I love you so much Ruby Mae.  You are a very special little girl.

No comments: