As Abby was getting older, I always fantasized about taking her berry picking and envisioning a bounty of berries. Then we would head home from our hard work and make jam. Well things didn't go the way I had planned. It was a lot of fun, but the way I pictured it was a bit different (he he he he he).
Abby was all over the place. The guy said to stay in a certain area. I explained this to Abby, but since she picks strawberries with Grandpa Brown at his house, she is the expert. She also decided to throw the rotten ones ( I am thankful they didn't hit other pickers). Then Ruby started eating dirt.....why do babies think dirt tastes good? So I gave her some strawberries to eat. When she ate those, she decided to eat the rotten ones on the ground. YUCK!
The attention span of both girls didn't last long, so the bounty of berries I was hoping for didn't quiet work out. We did get a lot so I popped them in the freezer for later.
After picking we went to the little play area and enjoyed some free time. Abby loved the tractor bikes!
Ruby was just done! She was ready to go! Poor Abby had to leave her tractor behind. Uncle Kyle would have been so proud!







No comments:
Post a Comment