Friday, July 2, 2010

June 30, 2010

Last year for my birthday I really wanted to take Abby to the zoo. She was 18 months then. So, this year we went again. It was so much fun to see the difference between this year and last year. Abby loved the elephants. In fact she sat and watched them for about 15 minutes. That is a record for her.
She couldn't pet these goats enough. She loved them! I was a little nervous. She got quit personal with them.



This is our favorite part of the zoo. Daniel and I both had nectar, and were working so hard to get a bird for Abby. I spotted one on a near by sign and went over to tempt the Innocent bird with the nectar. Then this little boy came over and totally stole the bird! I said "Hey, you stole my bird!". He kind of looked at me funny and walked away.....oops!

Love, love, love this picture! Abby was watching either zebra or giraffes.
We didn't even leave the zoo parking lot before she fell asleep. We did a ton, I wish I could share more pictures (blogger is slow)!


Then after the zoo our families came over for cake and ice cream. Daniel made a Oh so Yummy Kahlua (can't spell it) cake! It was melt in your mouth good! My wonderful neighbor made a more "kid friendly" cake. Isn't this so cute!?
I had a great birthday and hopefully I will be huge and pregnant or just had a baby for my next birthday. I got the OK from my doctor yesterday to start trying again!







4 comments:

The Theisen Twosome said...

I am glad that you had a great birthday. I hope to see you soon. Well we will at least see each other in August. We are all moved in now, so if you want to bring Abby up one weekend to try swimming you can.

momaof4 said...

BABY!!! I know you love to try for them, so this should be fun :) Can't wait and I will be praying you threw the year!

Happy Birthday friend! Hope to see you on our beach trip, even if it's just for a bit.

Amy said...

YAY! Glad you're going to start trying again. What a fun trip to the zoo! Happy you had a good birthday, did you go to Burgerville? LOL

alison said...

i never comment on blogs, hope this works! :] awesome pictures and what a fun summer! abby is BEAUTIFUL and darling and sweet. love you and miss you!