Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Working Mothers Worst Nightmare

I just excused my students to go home. I myself am fearing to leave. Yesterday when I picked my daughter up from my Mother's (she watches Abby 3-4 times a week) Abby flipped out! She clung to my mom and pushed me away. I felt like a big pile of bad mother crap. At that instant I wanted to quit my job and stay home with my baby. Of course, that is not an option for me right now. Any of you feel that way at one time or another? I know many of you are able to stay home, but there has got to be a time when you felt the same way.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh Karrie, she's 2 and as wishy-washy as the wind :) Just asserting a little independence and DEFINITELY has nothing to do with whether you were at work or shopping without her. My best response for that kind of thing was to say "ok, bye" and walk away... usually works as well as walking away from a tantrum. Seth never wanted to leave daycare because it was so much fun.

momaof4 said...

My kids loved being with gramdma and papa. They would run when Darren and I would come pick them up. Trick is to be gone longer, then they really miss you :) No, seriously. It happens to all of us. Breaks your heart but they still LOVE YOU!!! and only YOU.

Glory Laine said...

Right after I had the twins, I was going to all these appointments. Julie had Tobin for me and when I went to pick him up he was in the middle of playing with trains. When he saw me he screamed that he didn't want to go home and he wanted to live with Mark and Julie. He threw the biggest fit and I started to hormonally sob. Mark had to take Tobin out to the van kickin' and screaming. Even kids of stay-at-home moms have a hard time with transitions. You rock at being a mom!!!!

Mickey-D said...

I feel sad and mad when Grace dosn't want me! She always wants Mama or Dada.. and it soo anoying but at other times she only wants me! You are a GREAT mom! She is lucky to have you as a mom! I know I would love you as a mom(not that i don't like my mom though)!!