I need a hobby! I love to read, but there are times when I just don't want to. I need something productive that has nothing to do with work, that will take my mind off things and help with my restlessness and anxiousness. Any ideas??
Eric told me I needed a hobby so I started scrapbooking...I think he now regrets it! They do have digital scrapbooking now; it could be a fun way to put together something for Abby that she'll treasure forever.
I feel the exact same way. My only hobby is reading. When I don't feel like reading I end up spending an hour on Facebook or watching TV. You and I could take a knitting class together or something :)
I was going to say knitting. I think you can find some "lessons" on U-tube :) -Scrapbooking....but that can add up! But fun, but I know it's not your thing. -Quilting. My niece can make a quilt in 4 DAYS!!! Ahh, if only! -cleaning the house :) tee, hee.
Will I see you next Sunday? Please oh, please. I miss you!!!!
The first thing that came to my mind was something that Gary is always saying..."you don't really get it until you give your life away."
Now what does that have to do with a hobby idea? Well, I was just thinking that perhaps when you feel restless or anxious you could think about doing something for someone else. Make a hobby out of random acts of kindness.
Example, write notes of encouragement to people you know need it. Or call someone up who might never get a phone call. Something that would enoucrage someone else and give you something to do other than read or have feelings of restlessness, etc.
I know, this is probably such a pastors wives response, but hey, it was the first thing I thought of. Hope it helps a bit.
If not, it looks like knitting might be winning.
You are a positive, fun person Karrie. I'm sure you are already encoarging others, I wish I was still living close to you!
Take care and keep us updated if you find anything.
6 comments:
Eric told me I needed a hobby so I started scrapbooking...I think he now regrets it! They do have digital scrapbooking now; it could be a fun way to put together something for Abby that she'll treasure forever.
I feel the exact same way. My only hobby is reading. When I don't feel like reading I end up spending an hour on Facebook or watching TV. You and I could take a knitting class together or something :)
I was going to say knitting. I think you can find some "lessons" on U-tube :)
-Scrapbooking....but that can add up! But fun, but I know it's not your thing.
-Quilting. My niece can make a quilt in 4 DAYS!!! Ahh, if only!
-cleaning the house :) tee, hee.
Will I see you next Sunday? Please oh, please. I miss you!!!!
The first thing that came to my mind was something that Gary is always saying..."you don't really get it until you give your life away."
Now what does that have to do with a hobby idea? Well, I was just thinking that perhaps when you feel restless or anxious you could think about doing something for someone else. Make a hobby out of random acts of kindness.
Example, write notes of encouragement to people you know need it. Or call someone up who might never get a phone call. Something that would enoucrage someone else and give you something to do other than read or have feelings of restlessness, etc.
I know, this is probably such a pastors wives response, but hey, it was the first thing I thought of. Hope it helps a bit.
If not, it looks like knitting might be winning.
You are a positive, fun person Karrie. I'm sure you are already encoarging others, I wish I was still living close to you!
Take care and keep us updated if you find anything.
two words: "competitive jumprope"
Think about it.
Exactly what Rebecca said!
Post a Comment