Thursday, March 12, 2009

Can you relate?

The other night as I am sitting on the couch watching Blues Clues....by myself. I realized there are many things I do now as a mom, that I did not do before.

1. eat fish shaped crackers for snacks
2. know all of the songs sung on Blues Clues (the only show Abby sits and watches)
3. stock up on gallons of whole milk
4. wash my hands multiple times a day---there goes any hope for nail polish
5. pack a huge backpack before leaving the house
6. Discover toys, socks, bibs etc.....in my purse
7. have baby wipes everywhere...including my car
8. hunt down "Binky's"
9. wake up at every little sound
10. feel the need to kick my husband when he "doesn't hear her."

9 comments:

momaof4 said...

Share.
That is something I did not do well. Well, I think I did it better before kids, now everything is taken...that I don't like to share any more.

Hmmm. :)

Lindsay said...

This is a good list Kari. Just last night I got into bed and layed on something lumpy. It was a beanie baby.

red-headed Wilson's said...

Yep, good list. Life sure does change! But there are good things like I never went to the zoo before kids or to OMSI.

Christi said...

Love this!

The Theisen Twosome said...

I can't relate to that yet, maybe in a couple years.

God Made Playdough said...

Can totally relate! :)

Mickey-D said...

Grace has started to WALK!!!!! She walks all of the time (NOT holding on to anything)!!!!!! We sooooo need to get together soon!!! Abby is sure growing up fast!!!!

Mickey-D said...

It's ok that you couldn't come!! I had many other people supporting me!!! I love ya though!!!

God Made Playdough said...

I'm in Keizer right now!!! I wanted to see you guys, but I'm here for a Pastor's conference and I haven't had any free time. I did have to run in to Target tonight though and I thought I saw you, but it wasn't you! I almost embarassed myself! :)