Saturday, January 24, 2009

Date Day

This morning my mother-in-law called and asked if she could have Abby for the afternoon. I was happy to say yes, and Daniel and I went to a movie and splurged on dinner. It was so good to be able to have a date. We went and saw Marley and Me. We both read the book and still cried. My eyeliner was washed away. I think we made such a connection to the book and movie because we have a Marley...shes not as bad, but we can relate.

So here is a little funny.

This morning Daniel and I were watching TV and having a little kissy time. We had not seen each other for 36 hours...Daniel worked a long shift. Anyways... Abby is in her room playing, and laughing and have a great time. Of course Bailey is in there with her and having a great time too. Well finally we get a little worried at all the laughing and check on things. All of her drawers are empty! She pulled out all of clothes! Then we went into the hall bathroom. All of the toilet paper on the roll was pulled off and flung through out the bathroom. No more kissy face for mommy and daddy! We also learned to close the hall way doors. Then this evening I was doing laundry, Daniel was in the living room watching TV. All of a sudden Abby was gone. We looked every where and finally found her in the office. There was a package of wipes in a basket I had in there. She pulled out everyone of those wipes. They were everywhere. We laughed. It was pretty funny! Lessons learned!

2 comments:

The Theisen Twosome said...

That was nice of her. I bet you had a good time. We need to get together soon.

God Made Playdough said...

This cracked me up! :)
I saw you read, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Pie. How was it? I recently heard good things about it. Is it worth the read?