Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Parade Here, a Reunion There

One thing I love about living in Silverton is the small town feel. Silverton has quite a few city "holidays." One of them is Homer Davenport Days. I guess Homer Davenport was a political cartoonist back in the day. It is a weekend filled with a parade, davenport (couch) races, and a little celebration at the city park. The davenport races are a show in themselves. But this year was pretty special. Abby got to see her daddy in a parade.





Daniel is a Lieutenant for the Silverton Fire Department. He has been in charge of their new brush truck. He helped pick it out, and he designed the bumper. He is so proud of this truck, and he was able to drive it in the parade. The day before the parade he spent most of the day washing and shining up a few of the fire trucks, including "his" truck. Then the morning of the parade he left early to do a few touch ups. He is very detail oriented. Thats one reason why I love him so much!
Isn't he handsome!!! I made sure to run up and kiss. What girl can resist a fire fighter!

Abby enjoyed the beginning and saw her dad. However, she slept on her Grandma through a majority of it. At least she got a balloon. Hey! Thats her Grandpa Wes yawning in the background....he he he!









After the parade we went to my family reunion. I always enjoy them. Its nice to catch up with a few out of towners, and eat all day! Abby and her cousin Ashlynn were dressed like twins.










1 comment:

God Made Playdough said...

Have I told you how adorable she is?! Maybe one day, her and Anna can play together! It could happen! :)