Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Playing Catch Up













Some of you may have not seen or heard from me in a long time. For this, I am very sorry. It is sad that we can me so busy and forget to keep those connections between family and friends. This is just a quick little summary about what has happened to Daniel and I in the last three years.
Daniel and I met a little over three years ago. I knew I met the guy I was going to marry the second our conversation started. Not only was he HOT, he was a "mans, man." I love his personality, and his caring nature. We can be so opposite, yet very much the same. I know that it doesn’t sound like it makes sense, but we balance each other out. Everything about our relationship was comfortable. Daniel was the first guy I did not feel insecure around or felt that I needed to question where we were at in terms of out relationship. It just happened. 7 months later we were engaged. My favorite line from him as he popped the question was, "I am ass over tea kettle in love with you." I said yes and 9 months later we had the most beautiful wedding ever!
Now, here is something to remember….I am 4 years older (but look younger…he he) than Daniel. I warned him from the beginning that I did not want to wait years and years to have babies. Momma is not getting any younger. But I left it at that. I did not pressure. 6 months after we were married we decided to stop with the birth control and see what happens. Let God do his "thang." Well, 4 months later I broke my elbow (walking my dog….long story), and apparently I got pregnant that month too! April was a busy month J . I found out I had a bun in the oven Mothers day. We were both in shock! She was due January 20th, 2008.
Mean while, I got a new teaching job at Forest Ridge Elementary School. I love it there!
As my third trimester came around things started to happen. I looked huge! I was swelling up and I was all BELLY! Everyone who saw me said I would not make my due date. I just brushed it off because the statistics for a first time baby coming early were low. I was beginning to look like Shrek. This is not an over exaggeration. Long story short, Abigail Johanna Brown was 5 weeks early. My water broke to my surprise on Dec. 17th while we were making cookies. She came December 18th, at 2:31 pm weighing in at 7 pounds 3 ounces. Praise the Lord she came early!!!
We have been overjoyed ever since. I look forward to posting many stories. I plan to do a lot of posting this month to catch up on things. So stay tuned!










2 comments:

momaof4 said...

KLB! Those used to be my initials SP?? Before I got married! Oh!!!!


Glad I am all caught up on the last 3 years. I have totally missed out. I don't know where I was (oh ya, I was with you :))

Love you and can't wait for MORE!!!

Glory Laine said...

I can't believe how big Abby is getting! What a cute girl. And your wedding was georgous, despite my hugeness.