So I am attempting to blog for the first time in my life! This is a technological turning point for me. For some odd reason I have tried to stay away from the whole "Blog" thing for as long as possible. For two very good reasons....1. I had no clue what it was (until this year) and 2. I hadn't the slightest clue how to do it. My new teaching job brought up blogging, so our students parents could keep in close touch with us, and kind of get a feel for what is going on in the classroom. I was pregnant at the time and felt my blood pressure rising!! You have to understand that pretty much everyone on staff at Forest Ridge is a wiz with technology. I had to ask the dreaded question.....What in the world is a blog!? To my relief no one laughed. However, my daughter came 5 weeks early and I missed out on the whole "here is how you start your blog" in-service. So.....here it goes. Many of my friends are blogging about thier families and recording their childrens milestones, and special days. I want to create a place to record and share our family memories. My hope is, one day my little girl will be able to read these and revisit some old memories.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Blog Virgin
So I am attempting to blog for the first time in my life! This is a technological turning point for me. For some odd reason I have tried to stay away from the whole "Blog" thing for as long as possible. For two very good reasons....1. I had no clue what it was (until this year) and 2. I hadn't the slightest clue how to do it. My new teaching job brought up blogging, so our students parents could keep in close touch with us, and kind of get a feel for what is going on in the classroom. I was pregnant at the time and felt my blood pressure rising!! You have to understand that pretty much everyone on staff at Forest Ridge is a wiz with technology. I had to ask the dreaded question.....What in the world is a blog!? To my relief no one laughed. However, my daughter came 5 weeks early and I missed out on the whole "here is how you start your blog" in-service. So.....here it goes. Many of my friends are blogging about thier families and recording their childrens milestones, and special days. I want to create a place to record and share our family memories. My hope is, one day my little girl will be able to read these and revisit some old memories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Welcome to blog world my friend I hope your first time wasn't too painful.
Yay! I'm so glad you started this! I have missed you! Abbigail is beautiful!!! We have the same burp cloth! :) Come see my girls at http://godmadeplaydough.blogspot.com! Love ya!
Post a Comment