Monday, August 5, 2013

2013 July Happenings!

This has been a very busy month, trying to cram in all that summer fun!  This summer I have been watching Emma for a friend of mine.  Her and Ruby Mae have grown up together, and are only a couple months apart.  It has it's challenges with two at the same age, but it also has its rewards!  They love each other!
We have been doing lots of swimming in our pool, and the city pool.  Abby has really taken off in swimming lessons.  It's such a drastic change since last summer.  She is way more confident and daring!

We took a trip to my new favorite spot (during the off season) Bauman Farms.  They have such a great area for the kids to play in and pet animals.



This is during one of our family swim sessions.  Instead of doing the parent tot class, Haylie (Emma's mom) and I have been taking the girls ourselves.  Like I said.....they love each other.  This particular day Emma got stung by a bee at the pool!  Ruby Mae is taking care of her.

We also celebrated Daniel's 32nd birthday.  He is one happy camper with the ginormous beer mug!
The day before his birthday our cousin Andrea had her baby, Winston.  So we were able to have Melissa and her boys join us!

This shirt was from his girls!
Our dear friends who are moving to Baker....we are really going to miss them.  I am hoping for many visits.




The Monday after Daniel's birthday we headed to the beach for a family overnight trip.  When we got there it was still pretty cold....which we loved, so we ate lunch at Mo's and then headed to Depot Bay. As we were coming back into Lincoln City all the traffic lights were out.  When we arrived at our hotel we found out the whole town was out of power!  I was thinking this trip was going to be a huge FLOP, but within 15 minutes of us being in our room the power came back on!!!


That night we took a nice long swim, and powered up with candy and popcorn to watch a movie!

This was a much needed trip for us!

This is actual part of August.....I took my niece Ashlynn to the Zoo with us (I love our pass).  I forgot my camera, so here are pictures of the frog snot they bought at the gift shop!!!

The goal was for Ashlynn to spend the night, but she ended up needing to go home.  Both girls were so tired!  We are going to try again.

The Homer Davenport Parade is a big tradition in our family.....because Daniel is usually in it!  Ashlynn and my brother Ryan were able to join us!



There's Daddy in his awesome brush truck.  I wish he could have heard how proud his girls are of him!

We ended that day with a Hughes family reunion!
Tomato face!

All this kids loved picking stuff out of the garden.

Our family picture!  So blessed to have such a great family!

No comments: