Monday, December 27, 2010

A feeling I will NEVER Forget!

My mom and some other family members all went to a consignment store in McMinnville. Abby was right next to me. I looked at something then back down at her, and she was gone! My sister in law and I started calling her name frantically, and did not hear a peep. I ran to the front of the store, explained I had lost my three year old and gave them a description. I asked them to watch the front doors. They were awesome! The radioed all of the employees in the store. I started to panic and the tears rolled. Kiran Horman's face flashed in my mind and I knew I lost my baby. After what felt like hours, my sister in law found her hiding in a rack of jeans. I have never felt so empty and helpless in my life. I hope that is the first and last time that happens to me!!

3 comments:

red-headed Wilson's said...

O, my!!! That feeling doesn't go away right away either. It lingers. Such a bad feeling, I'm sorry.

Stefanie said...

I'm so sorry! Pam and I lost Daphne is Disneyland for 5-10 minutes...it was horrible:(

I so understand!!

Dawn said...

I will admit that I was that kid who ran off and hid in stores. Ask my mom next time you see her... I even have a vivid memory at about age 6 of taking my brother wtih me to the Fred Meyer toy dept. He was nervous about leaving Mommy but I quickly explained that all we had to do was go to a nice cashier lady and ask her to call for our mom. LOL I also ditched my grandfather in Penney's and hid in the shower curtains in the basement and watched everyone looking for me.