Sunday, February 28, 2010

What Oregonian's do in 60 degree weather!

The last two weekends have been absolutely gorgeous! I am so glad I don't work on the weekends. We took advantage of these sunny days by spending a lot of time outside. I think Abby could live outside. She can't get enough. We took Bailey for a "bath" at the Silverton Reservoir. Bailey would swim and be in the water all day if we let her. I think she is half fish.
Abby exploring the first sign of flowers.

Bailey jumping for her toy.

My little sun princess. She loves her sun glasses. These are from when she was little, I need to get her a bigger pair.

Playing outside with the dog. She got really muddy.

Filling up the pool for Bailey. I did not intend for Abby to get wet too, but of course she could not resist the water. She didn't get in the water, just played in it.

Like I said, Bailey loves to swim. She flops around like a sea lion in the kiddie pool.
We are also potty training! This is a hard job, a lot harder than I thought. She was doing a really good job for that last couple of weeks, but this weekend she has not been interested in it. I have resorted to a m&m every time she pees in the toilet.
Last week I put her on her potty chair, and went to let the dog out. While I was waiting for Bailey to come back in, I could hear Abby grunting. Then she comes running out yelling " I poop, I poop!" I was so surprised and excited. Then she turned around and this huge poop was stuck in between her butt cheeks. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen!
Wish me luck! If you have any great ideas, I welcome them.

3 comments:

red-headed Wilson's said...

I had big signs that I have problems with gluten. But I am not allergic. They are different illnesses.

We also have taken part in fun in the sun. We headed to the beach today. So fun to play with your kids in sun.

momaof4 said...

GOOD LUCK!!! I hate potty training! ALL 4 times. :)

Missed you this weekend. Like how I got them to call you and so you went to visit with them and not me...whats up with that? ;) Will I see you Sunday?

Love you missy!

M Hastings said...

I am another potty training Oregonian mama, although my little guy is barely getting it (he's only 18 months, so I don't expect perfection from him, of course)....

Your daughter is adorable, and your dog is a riot!