Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring Break

So Spring Break didn't turn out the way I had planned.  I had a list of fun activities for the family to do, but I got sick and the weather was horrible.  However, we did enjoy our cousin Andrea's wedding and a day at the park. 
Monday was the only nice day.  So I loaded up the girls and headed to Riverfront Park in Salem.  It was really windy, but both girls did great. We met up with my brother, Kyla and Ashlynn.


 Ruby didn't really care for the slide.  Auntie Kyla was such a great aunt.  She tried a few times to make this teether happy.
 Having fun on the carousel.

 A few days ago I threw both girls in the bath together.  They loved it and splashed the entire time.

 Then of course after the bath I just gave her, daddy gives her, her first ice cream.  She loved it!  She cried a few times because it was so cold, but wouldn't let go of it for the world.
Even though it wasn't what I had planned, I loved being with my girls and playing "stay at home mom" for a while.  Now the count down begins for summer!

1 comment:

Jana said...

I love the ice cream pictures. JJ is always the one to give Finn ice cream too (daddies!). This morning Finn and I were reading "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" and when he saw the ice cream page, he kept asking for ice cream for breakfast. Not going to happen. We settled on hot dogs, his other favorite page. Not the most traditional breakfast, but I figured it has some good protein, so I'm not the worst mom in the world, right :)