Monday, October 17, 2011

Pumpkin Patch or Three Ring Circus?

So the girls and I went to a pumpkin patch....that shall remain nameless. It was CRAZY! I have never seen so many people crammed into one place at a time. What happened to the simple have some cider, a doughnut, hayride pick a pumpkin, pay an out landish amount of money for the pumpkin and go home feeling warm and fuzzy inside, with the smell of good old fashioned mud in the car?

This place had everything you could imagine. Zip lines, bouncy houses, some huge pillow people were jumping on and around 5 mazes. Not to mention ROOT BEER FLOATS! Root beer floats? at a pumpkin patch?

Now don't get me wrong...I am really not complaining just in a bit of shock. Abby had a great time, and was done in about 2 hours. Ruby slept through pretty much the whole thing. However she is suffering from shaken baby syndrome from riding in the stroller in gravel for 2 hours.
One thing I really wanted to do was get a pumpkin from a patch. Get some cute pictures of the girls among pumpkins and so on. I had a stroller so the hayride to the patch wasn't going to happen. We walked everywhere looking for the dang pumpkin patch. I asked someone where I could find it, and they handed me a huge map with animated characters all over it trying to point me in the right direction. After giving up Abby found the perfect pumpkin in a BIN! LOL We will get our pumpkins from Uncle Kyle. The good news was, I found the pumpkin patch as I was exiting the parking lot.
It was a good day. The girls and I had some great time together, and we got in a long walk for the day. I just don't think I will be returning to that patch. I think people need to realize less is more during the holidays.

2 comments:

Christi said...

For more of that experience you are looking for...EZ Orchards is cute and has everything pumpkin patchy you would want. On the weekdays they don't charge admission, except for the corn maze. So for free today I pulled the boys around in a wagon and we went to the big pumpkin area, petting zoo, playground. It let us save our money for the cider and doughnuts!

Christi said...

arg...that was Christi Kurtz :)